Learn to sail, aimed at beginners
Price: € 450
Course Duration: 2 Days Minimum
Pre-course Experience: None
Minimum Age: None
The RYA Start Yachting in Corfu course is designed for anyone who has never sailed before, wanting to explore a new challenge and try something new. It can be done in 2 days so it is a great way to see if you enjoy sailing on yachts!
With the calm bay and warm sea around our base in Gouvia, Corfu, it is the perfect place to get to know what sailing a yacht is all about. With plenty of swim stops and tavernas to have dinner at, as well as a whole new world of travelling with the wind, we will try our hardest to get you addicted to sailing in Greece
Whilst on the course the subjects include:
- Basic terminology – so you understand the skipper!
- Basic rope work – so you won’t lose the dingy!
- Helming the yacht under power and sail – (Steering)!
- Keeping lookout – (for ferries)!
- Weather forecasting – understanding when you will need a jacket!
- Man overboard – getting them back on board!
- Safety equipment and emergency procedures – just in case!
The minimum course duration is 2 days however it is a popular choice to come out for a week and then work up to the next qualification, Competent Crew (5 days minimum).
Try something new!
If you are staying in a hotel or villa on Corfu then this is a great way to split up the holiday and give everyone a great holiday memory, as well as some useful new skills!
The course is a great first step into sailing yachts, if you are going sailing with friends or family in the future then this will help you to understand and help with all happens on board a yacht.
Although the weather changes throughout the year our prices stay the same for our RYA courses. So don’t worry about avoiding the school holidays just book when it suits you!
Ellen May has 3 double cabins and a convertible saloon meaning there is enough room to technically sleep 8. However to keep our guests comfortable we keep our training boat numbers to 5 plus the instructor, but only when cabin arrangements suit. We will not make you share a cabin with a stranger!
The prices for the course include the following:
- Yacht and instructor for the duration of the course
- Bedding and towels onboard
- Breakfast and lunch, (dinner is up to you and it is not compulsory to feed the instructor)
- All practical course material and safety equipment
- Wet weather gear.
- Dinghy and Outboard
- End cleaning of the yacht
Please note that we require at least 3 onboard for a course to take place. We will obviously let you know if there is a possibility of the course not going ahead at least 2 months prior to start date. The course will be fully refundable if this is the case.
You are also able to book out the entire training yacht if you would prefer one on one instruction. Please contact us for information on this as it will depend on availability of instructors and yachts.