What we provide:
- We provide breathable waterproofs and lifejackets and harnesses. We also have a number of child size lifejackets/harnesses available. We do not provide sailing boots/deck shoes. If you want to wear shoes onboard please bring shoes with none marking soles.
- All relevant paperwork and working materials required to complete your course, however you may want to bring a notepad and pen/pencil of your preference for making notes.
- Breakfast and lunch is part of the course price, we try to use fresh local ingredients, just let us know if you have any allergies or preferences.
- We try to keep our yachts well stocked with food and drink so things like tea and coffee are always onboard. Let us know if you have any special requirements or allergies before you arrive or when you meet the skipper.
- All bedding is onboard, as well as a beach and shower towel each.
- Insurance while on the yacht covered under the yachts policy. (Copy on board)
What to Bring:
- Identification i.e.: passport or driving license.
- If doing a Day Skipper or Powerboat course please bring a passport sized photo for your certificate, (providing you pass!)
- In most cases the sun will be shining for your trip and therefore it is advisable to bring plenty of sun cream, a hat and good sunglasses.
- In addition to this we would advise most people bring some sort of insect repellant. While it is unlikely you will encounter too many mosquitoes while at sea, they can be frustrating when you are ashore.
- While we provide waterproofs, we would always advise you take some warm clothes in case of any stormy weather or cold fronts, which may pass through while you are on your holiday.
- ATM’s can be scarce in Greece and therefore it is advisable you bring enough money to cover you for your holiday. There are cash machines in Gouvia Marina, which you can use before you set off for the week, but it is advised to get cash before you arrive for ease.
- In most cases we will endeavour to meet you at the airport or the port if arriving by boat. If we are unable to do this then taxis are always readily available at the airport. They charge a fixed fee of 25 Euros to go to Gouvia Marina.
- If you wish to come directly to our office, ask to be dropped at the Hotel Telesilla, this well know hotel sits next door to our office.
- If arriving in the main port, taxis are also readily available and should be around 20 Euros to our office/ Gouvia Marina.
- Best practice is always to confirm with any taxi driver the price before getting in the taxi.
- If you are already on the Island and want to come and say hi we will be on Floating Pier B or maybe out sailing!!
Any problems don’t get stressed just give us a call!!!
E-mail – [email protected],com
Phone – GR +30 6984623535, UK +44 7703025436